Lead, Maintenance & Security
The world’s aviation industry is benefiting from the operation of a first class Global Aerospace Center for Icing and Environmental Research (GLACIER) in Thompson, Manitoba.
MDS AeroTest is managing, operating and maintaining the GLACIER facility, providing employment opportunities for a variety of skill sets, including several disciplines in high-tech aviation.
MDS AeroTest has a requirement for a Lead, Maintenance & Security at our Glacier’s test facility in Thompson, Manitoba.
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviours to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners.
Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
To be team lead for a team of personnel to ensure the complete security of this world-class, outdoor aero-engine test site, as well as perform grounds and building maintenance.
Specific Departmental or Project Duties
• Oversee team of personnel to ensure site maintenance and security are consistent with company Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Prepare security schedule to ensure 24/7 security coverage
• Liaise with Chief Facilities Engineer to report any breaches of security and ensure all security records are current in accordance with company procedures.
• To support his/her immediate supervisor.
• Ensure the facility and grounds are kept clean and tidy.
• To ensure that as part of the team you work cost effectively, efficiently and safely.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties within the capability of the job holder, as requested by the Chief Facilities Engineer.
Skills – Essential
• Excellent attendance and health record in order to satisfy the company’s screening and surveillance requirements.
• Meet the company’s inspection eyesight and hearing test requirements.
• Good communication skills.
• Practical approach to dealing with priorities and problems, remain calm under pressure.
• Achieve results.
• Good team member.
• To work beyond contracted hours to meet job requirements and to work shifts as required.
• Respond to emergencies, outside of normal working hours.
• A valid driver’s license – class 5 minimum
• Intermediate level experience with MS Office Suite
Skills – Desirable
• Willingness to study and achieve higher qualifications.
• Continuous professional development and personal growth.
• A willingness to learn and develop new practices.
• Valid first aid certifications including CPR and AED (automated external defibrillator) an asset
• Operational experience of heavy equipment
• Experience working to defined processes and procedures in an ISO9001 or AS9100 work environment
• High school diploma.
• Recognized college diploma or equivalent experience
• Served recognized apprenticeship ether in electrical, instrumentation, aero or mechanical fields, or hold company training approvals and possess the relevant certificates.
• Proof of required Manitoba security training certification considered an asset.
• Operation of fork lifts, elevated work platforms and Cat 966 Wheel Loader with accessory attachments considered an asset.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
To view the MDS corporate video click HERE.
To view a PDF version of this posting, Lead Maintenance & Security – Job Posting – June 2016.